Personal Telepresence with Immersive Interactions and unprecedented flexibility at 10% of the cost of traditional solutions
Vidyo Panorama is the industry’s first affordable telepresence solution that delivers truly immersive interactions on up to 20 screens of 1080p at 60fps resolution at 10% the cost of current telepresence solutions. It redefines the traditional telepresence paradigm and price points to usher in a new era of universal video communications that is also affordable. Companies can now empower their employees to work from anywhere there is an Internet connection and promote a higher level of collaboration with high quality video conferencing using mobile devices (iPad, iPhone, Android), PCs (Win, Mac, Linux), room systems, and immersive telepresence rooms.
For too long, customers have been constrained by excessively expensive, inflexible immersive telepresence solutions which provide experiences that are far from immersive. A typical deployment costs $1 million when factoring in the network and ongoing maintenance costs. Even after that expense, the experience is not truly immersive and often imperfect due to limited screen space, and high video latency and poor video quality when incorporating mobile and PC endpoints.
VidyoPanorama overcomes these limitations by leveraging Vidyo’s patented Adaptive Video Layering, which dynamically optimizes the video for each endpoint. VidyoPanorama is available for beta evaluation in Aug and will be generally available in Q4 2011.
Key features include:
- Up to 1080p 60 fps on up to 201 displays costing as little as $4,500 per screen
- Intuitive easy to use interface with single click to join conferences
- HD video conferencing over the Internet or general data networks
- Bandwidth efficiency delivering HD video conferencing starting at 500 kbps per screen
- HD multipoint video conferencing with mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android) and PCs (Win, Mac, Linux) without an MCU
With unprecedented flexibility, VidyoPanorama supports a wide range of use cases that traditional telepresence solutions cannot address. The flexibility supports unique configurations (layout examples) that can be customized to fit any size room, layout or video enabled business processes. VidyoPanorama is the ideal solution to address new markets and applications such as:
- Operations management center for manufacturing or supply chain management
- Command center for disaster recovery efforts or military applications
- Patient monitoring in a doctor’s or nurse’s station at a hospital
- Distance learning with multiple experts or lecturers for remote or rural communities
- Virtual trading rooms for financial services to coordinate strategies across geographies in real time